S.A.Vasudev was a scientist with India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) from where he retired on superannuation in August 2021. An engineer by education, he is a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from NIT Warangal and an M.Tech from IIT Madras. He worked with the DRDO as a scientist for over 33 years and held the twin roles of Technical Director & Project Director for Technology Development Projects in the Gas Turbine Research Establishment of the DRDO. He was the recipient of DRDO’s Technology Award on three occasions.
During his tenure with DRDO, he was responsible for development of sensitive, critical technologies for advanced gas turbine engines of fighter aircraft including:
- Infrared signatures of fighter aircraft
- Ice Protection systems for aircraft engines
- Development of cooling configurations for high temperature turbine blades of aircraft engines
- Design of major experimental facilities to conduct design-validation tests
- Thermal design and analysis of major aircraft engine components
He is currently the Director of the Innovation and Incubation Centre, Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence, Kalaburagi, Karnataka a post he has held since 1st Nov.2021.